Saturday, March 29, 2008

Baby William and Baby Jonathan

Holding daddy's hand
(Aaron's mom took this picture of Aaron holding baby A's hand. I love how she got the measuring tape in the background of the picture.)
Here is our baby formerly known as baby A, now and forever known as William Aaron. He was the smaller of the two at birth, and continues to do well. Aaron got to feed him his first bottle last night and William did a good job of drinking it. It is kind of hard to see in this picture, but he is off oxygen all together! I got the word this morning that they will both be taken off their precautionary antibiotic today, which is also great news!
This is the former baby B, now known as Jonathan Aaron. He was the larger of the two at birth and has progressed so well since birth. He is completely off oxygen as well, and takes a bottle really well. Aaron got to feed him a bottle yesterday and I got to feed him some last night as well. When I fed him, he drank as little as possible and then just fell asleep with his head in my hand. The nurses told me this morning that he ate well again last night. At this point, it looks like eating is really the only thing keeping them in the NICU. Once they get the hang of that and can eat a little more at a time, then they will go home. I am here until at least Monday anyway. My platelet counts are on the rise but I still can't have Motrin or anything like unto it. I don't mind.

I have been known to disappear from my recovery room for hours at a time to be with the babies. I find that some nurses don't like it if you aren't around to have your vitals checked...who knew?!?

I just wanted to give a quick update this morning. Love to you all and thanks for all your messages, emails and phone calls! (And we are especially grateful to everyone who has been helping out with Emma. She has been having a lot of fun with her Grandma JoLayne, BB and all of her Higley and Graves cousins. She doesn't even want to come to the hospital to see any of us!)

14 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh Haley, I am so glad you are all doing better. How scary that all must have been. congratulations and best of luck for William and Jonathon!

Michelle said...

Congratulations Haley!! They are just beautiful!! I am so glad that everyone is doing fine. You guys chose beautiful names for them!!

Marjorie said...

WHOA! I can only imagine! I'm so glad they're here and safe. They're so small and cute. thanks for the quick update. Wish you were closer but I know you're loved wherever you go. Who wouldn't love Haley!? :) What lucky little boys!

Janel said...

Haley! I love the names. The twins look like their doing really well. We are so HAPPY for you and Aaron. You guys are in our prays. Love ya!!

Mike and Erin Hale said...

oh you guys, they are so beautiful! Congratulations!! Haley, I hope you continue to get better and let's hope this time you won't have to drink any beer! We miss you guys so much. Keep posting pics of those babies.

Melissa said...

Congratulations you guys. I'm so glad that everyone is doing well!!

Karolyn said...

Yeah! Your sweet little boys are here safe and sound! Congratulations!!! I loved reading your blog about all of your experiences!

Love, Karolyn and the Butler Family

Wendy said...

Congratulations!! You are amazing! They are so beautiful ... good looking boys and great names. Nice work.

Justin & Heather said...

I am so happy for you! They are adorable and you are amazing! I totally teared up reading these two posts, what an amazing story! I wish I could be there to help, but it sounds like you are doing great! Oh, man...what an adventure!

VoNique said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you're all doing well.

Tammy Engebretsen said...

So glad things are going so well, our prayers have been with you. Wish we lived closer so we could help when they come home. Keep up the good work. Love and miss you.oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kim said...

congratulations you guys! I got your blog through and email your mom sent to the rs. William and Jonathan are absolutely beautiful! So glad they and you are doing so well.

Unknown said...

Haley, they are beautiful!! Or handsome- anyway- I am glad that you all are doing so well now!! I can't wait til they are big enough to make the trip to TN and I can see them!! If you need anything that I can do from here, let me know!! Congrats to you and Aaron!!

Joanna said...

Aaron and Haley, Congratulations on your beautiful babies. They sure have been blessed to be sent to such a sweet family and I know that you all will be blessed by these sweet babies.