Which brings me to some of my Dad's Laws:
- No good deed goes unpunished.
- If you keep doing what you're doing, you will keep getting what you're getting.
- I'm not going to say I told you so, but I previously informed you. (I don't know that that one is a law per say, but the law is that when we do something dumb, he will say that...)
- Clean carpets will be puked on. (Aaron and I spent last night cleaning all the carpets/rugs in the house. Upon returning home from taking Emma to preschool this morning, Jonathan puked all over the place. Luckily, it was outside and in the van a little. But now I won't let him get on the carpets.)
- Clean diapers will get pooed in (within 5 minutes of clean diaper being put on). (This one is a no fail around here. I have given the boys a fresh diaper, only to have to change it 5 minutes later, more times than I can count.)
- Mommy's black shirts will get snotted. (Probably serves me right for wearing a black shirt. BUT it seems that every time I wear a black shirt, my kids wipe their noses on it. I have learned to lovingly refer to the snot streaks as "slug trails.")
- Slobbery kisses are the best. (Nothing melts my heart like a big slobbery, sometimes open mouthed, kiss from my boys. They are so sweet, and rarely ever turn down my request for a little lovin'.)
- Nothing is better than being a "Momma." (Do I really need to explain?)
Love your life, live by its laws, and learn to throw your hands up and say, "Oh, well!" Enjoy it while its here.