Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mmmmm....Pie

Those of you that are in my ward should have already been reminded about tomorrow night's (Wednesday night) annual Visiting Teaching Conference. We will be having a dinner, and dessert. I was originally supposed to make soup for this thing, but bowed out at the last minute thinking that my super-queasy stomach might not be able to handle making a double batch of soup (see toilet post below). So I volunteered to make pies instead. I thought about what kind of pie would be yummy, so I settled on a Southern favorite: Fudge Pie. I say southern favorite, because I couldn't find the recipe for this pie (that I have eaten my entire life) in any of my Utah cookbooks (family and ward cookbooks). So, for those of you going to the conference, you can have a taste of this gooey, chocolatey, delicious pie. (I will be bringing the three whole pies. You know, I had to make the first one and sample it to make sure I got the recipe right!) And there should be plenty of pie for everyone else, since I will be sick of looking at them by tomorrow night...and since I will have probably finished off the sample one).

4 comments:

Allie said...

Mmmm yum! I'm excited to try it! Oh and congratulations on being pregnant! Hope you start feeling better.

Marjorie said...

For sure it was good, now i just need the recipe. I took the apple pie thinking apples are healthier but took a bite of Heather's fudge pie when she left the table and loved it!

i'm erin. said...

What a load of Crap! Where is my piece of pie? I have never even tasted that type of pie and i feel sad inside that you have left me out!

Lexie said...

I forgot to tell you how good your pie was! I didn't have any at the conference, so I snuck some home and it was delicious!