Thursday, June 09, 2011

Its One of Those Days...

Do you ever have those days when you feel like everything is just falling apart? I do, and I am having one today. Are you supposed to blog (or journal) about them, or just pretend that day-to-day life as a mother/parent is always easy and perfect? I have asked my mom about days like I am having, and she said that she has really just forgotten them over the years. That is probably the right approach to take- forget about the hard days and just remember the happy, positive aspects of your children growing up...

Sometimes I feel like letting it all out. I have hard days. I don't have them everyday, but some days I have a headache, the kids whine a lot, they aren't nice to each other, and the bathroom (and the boys) are covered in conditioner. Some days Aaron is on a conference call (and still at the office at 7:15 pm) and all my friends are gathering for crepes at another friend's house. And I am still here till he gets home. Yeah, it has been rough.

Really, I don't want to dwell on days like today. I know that tomorrow is a new day. I know that my headache will go away. I know that Aaron will come home and I can at least escape to my nearest favorite retail store to just walk around in the quiet. I know that the kids will be asleep later tonight and when I go in to check on them, I will want to lay down and snuggle their sweet little faces.

But until then, I must go stop the chasing down and stealing of yet another toy and quiet the kid who isn't dealing well with this day, either.

3 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Thank-you for sharing your "tell it like it is" post. I had many days like that and thought that life would always go on that way. It doesn't . . . pretty soon they're all grown up and you know what? You won't miss the days like you just had today ONE LITTLE BIT!!! :) Love you, Aunt Sandra

Heather Inns said...

Haley I hope you are having a better today today. Yes, we all have bad days and I think it is good to write them down. I love you girl.

Angie said...

So sorry Haley. The majority of Carrst's 6 months have been awful, so I completely sympathize. I did a blog post about it recently. I have no advice, it's crappy. All I can really say is that you are not alone.